Educating Yourself About Health
Must see documentaries
- What the Health
- Forks Over Knives - available for viewing on Netflix or for purchase online
- The China Study by T. Colin Campbell - This is one of the most comprehensive health studies ever conducted and Judy believes it to be the most important
Books on nutrition and health you could read:
- The Starch Solution by Dr. John McDougall
- Protien-aholic by Dr Garth Davis, MD
- The Cheese Trap by Dr Neal Barnard, MD
- Devoted Bodies by Lynora Bayless focuses the health conversation around the spiritual principles of “living free” and “practicing stewardship.” The book includes recipes, meal plans, menus and even grocery lists
Getting Your Mind Right Resources:
- Make a Life, not just a living by Curt Beavers
- Breaking Free by Beth Moore
- The 4:8 Principle by Tommy Newberry
- Judy truly loves Bob Goff’s philosophy on life! Read Love Does for starters.
- (Check out their Youtube videos too.)
Jump-Starting Your Nutrition:
- RECIPES - For healthy and great-tasting meals, snacks and desserts, you will find everything you need in Devoted Bodies and at ForksOverKnives.com. Devoted Bodies will get you on the plant-based path with all the helps you initially need. The Forks Over Knives website is a go-to spot for additional recipes—from Indian food to game-day finger foods! Both resources use whole plant foods, no oil, no added sugar and delicious spices.
- SUPPLEMENTS - If you use supplements, you owe it to yourself to explore the science behind the whole-food vs. the vitamin approach. Most people take supplements to bridge the gap between what they eat and what they should eat. The key is getting in more plant foods. For over two decades, Juice Plus+® is the only supplement Judy and her family has used.She has recommended them for a couple of reasons—the products are food (with food not supplement labels) and there are 38+ published studies showing the exact benefits derived from taking the products.